Friday, September 18, 2009

Compassion

In fifth grade I struggled with math. Specifically, I struggled with the speed tests we had to do. These tests consisted of 100 questions that had to be answered within a given amount of time. By the middle of the year I had only passed the first of the tests, which was addition. I could not pass the subtraction test in time. After dozens of tries my scores plateaued, and I could not pass. Eventually my teacher had me finish the test, just to see how I would do if I didn't have to worry about time. I got one hundred percent on the test so my teacher let me move on to multiplication. I passed the next tests with flying colors and started to excel in math. Though I probably would have begun to excel in math eventually on my own, my teachers compassion helped me to succeed, and reach my potential sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment